- And He said unto me: "Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak with thee."
- And spirit entered into me when He spoke unto me, and set me upon my feet;
and I heard Him that spoke unto me.
- And He said unto me: "Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to rebellious nations, that have rebelled against Me;
they and their fathers have transgressed against Me, even unto this very day;
- and the children are brazen-faced and stiff-hearted, I do send thee unto them;
and thou shalt say unto them: Thus saith the Lord GOD.
- And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear - for they are a rebellious house - yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them.
- And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though defiers and despisers be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions;
be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, for they are a rebellious house.
- And thou shalt speak My words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear;
for they are most rebellious.
- And thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee: be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house;
open thy mouth, and eat that which I give thee."
- And when I looked, behold, a hand was put forth unto me;
and, lo, a roll of a book was therein;
- and He spread it before me, and it was written within and without;
and there was written therein lamentations, and moaning, and woe.