- And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying:
- "Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, even to the shepherds: Thus saith the Lord GOD: Woe unto the shepherds of Israel that have fed themselves!
should not the shepherds feed the sheep?
- Ye did eat the fat, and ye clothed you with the wool, ye killed the fatlings;
but ye fed not the sheep.
- The weak have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up that which was broken, neither have ye brought back that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost;
but with force have ye ruled over them and with rigour.
- So were they scattered, because there was no shepherd;
and they became food to all the beasts of the field, and were scattered.
- My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill, yea, upon all the face of the earth were My sheep scattered, and there was none that did search or seek.
- Therefore, ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD:
- As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely forasmuch as My sheep became a prey, and My sheep became food to all the beasts of the field, because there was no shepherd, neither did My shepherds search for My sheep, but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not My sheep;
- therefore, ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD:
- Thus saith the Lord GOD: Behold, I am against the shepherds;
and I will require My sheep at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the sheep;
neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more;
and I will deliver My sheep from their mouth, that they may not be food for them.
- For thus saith the Lord GOD: Behold, here am I, and I will search for My sheep, and seek them out.
- As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are separated, so will I seek out My sheep;
and I will deliver them out of all places whither they have been scattered in the day of clouds and thick darkness.
- And I will bring them out from the peoples, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them into their own land;
and I will feed them upon the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in all the habitable places of the country.
- I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be;
there shall they lie down in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel.
- I will feed My sheep, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord GOD.
- I will seek that which was lost, and will bring back that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick;
and the fat and the strong I will destroy, I will feed them in justice.
- And as for you, O My flock, thus saith the Lord GOD: Behold, I judge between cattle and cattle, even the rams and the he-goats.
- Seemeth it a small thing unto you to have fed upon the good pasture, but ye must tread down with your feet the residue of your pasture?
and to have drunk of the settled waters, but ye must foul the residue with your feet?
- And as for My sheep, they eat that which ye have trodden with your feet, and they drink that which ye have fouled with your feet.
- Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD unto them: Behold, I, even I, will judge between the fat cattle and the lean cattle.
- Because ye thrust with side and with shoulder, and push all the weak with your horns, till ye have scattered them abroad;
- therefore will I save My flock, and they shall no more be a prey;
and I will judge between cattle and cattle.
- And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even My servant David;
he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.
- And I the LORD will be their God, and My servant David prince among them;
I the LORD have spoken.
- And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause evil beasts to cease out of the land;
and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.
- And I will make them and the places round about My hill a blessing;
and I will cause the shower to come down in its season;
there shall be showers of blessing.
- And the tree of the field shall yield its fruit, and the earth shall yield her produce, and they shall be safe in their land;
and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I have broken the bars of their yoke, and have delivered them out of the hand of those that made bondmen of them.
- And they shall no more be a prey to the nations, neither shall the beast of the earth devour them;
but they shall dwell safely, and none shall make them afraid.
- And I will raise up unto them a plantation for renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the nations any more.
- And they shall know that I the LORD their God am with them, and that they, the house of Israel, are My people, saith the Lord GOD.
- And ye My sheep, the sheep of My pasture, are men, and I am your God, saith the Lord GOD."