- And thou, son of man, take thee a sharp sword, as a barber"s razor shalt thou take it unto thee, and cause it to pass upon thy head and upon thy beard;
then take thee balances to weigh, and divide the hair.
- A third part shalt thou burn in the fire in the midst of the city, when the days of the siege are fulfilled;
and thou shalt take a third part, and smite it with the sword round about her;
and a third part thou shalt scatter to the wind, and I will draw out a sword after them.
- Thou shalt also take thereof a few by number, and bind them in thy skirts.
- And of them again shalt thou take, and cast them into the midst of the fire, and burn them in the fire;
therefrom shall a fire come forth into all the house of Israel.
- Thus saith the Lord GOD: This is Jerusalem!
I have set her in the midst of the nations, and countries are round about her.
- And she hath rebelled against Mine ordinances in doing wickedness more than the nations, and against My statutes more than the countries that are round about her;
for they have rejected Mine ordinances, and as for My statutes, they have not walked in them.
- Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD: Because ye have outdone the nations that are round about you, in that ye have not walked in My statutes, neither have kept Mine ordinances, neither have done after the ordinances of the nations that are round about you;
- therefore thus saith the Lord GOD: Behold, I, even I, am against thee, and I will execute judgments in the midst of thee in the sight of the nations.
- And I will do in thee that which I have not done, and whereunto I will not do any more the like, because of all thine abominations.
- Therefore the fathers shall eat the sons in the midst of thee, and the sons shall eat their fathers;
and I will execute judgments in thee, and the whole remnant of thee will I scatter unto all the winds.
- Wherefore, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely, because thou hast defiled My sanctuary with all thy detestable things, and with all thine abominations, therefore will I also diminish thee;
neither shall Mine eye spare, and I also will have no pity.
- A third part of thee shall die with the pestilence, and with famine shall they be consumed in the midst of thee;
and a third part shall fall by the sword round about thee;
and a third part I will scatter unto all the winds, and will draw out a sword after them.
- Thus shall Mine anger spend itself, and I will satisfy My fury upon them, and I will be eased;
and they shall know that I the LORD have spoken in My zeal, when I have spent My fury upon them.
- Moreover I will make thee an amazement and a reproach, among the nations that are round about thee, in the sight of all that pass by.
- So it shall be a reproach and a taunt, an instruction and an astonishment, unto the nations that are round about thee, when I shall execute judgments in thee in anger and in fury, and in furious rebukes;
I the LORD have spoken it;
- when I shall send upon them the evil arrows of famine, that are for destruction, which I will send to destroy you;
and I will increase the famine upon you, and will break your staff of bread;
- and I will send upon you famine and evil beasts, and they shall bereave thee;
and pestilence and blood shall pass through thee;
and I will bring the sword upon thee.
I the LORD have spoken it."