- Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah: Shem, Ham, and Japheth;
and unto them were sons born after the flood.
- The sons of Japheth: Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
- And the sons of Gomer: Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
- And the sons of Javan: Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
- Of these were the isles of the nations divided in their lands, every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.
- And the sons of Ham: Cush, and Mizraim, and Put, and Canaan.
- And the sons of Cush: Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabteca;
and the sons of Raamah: Sheba, and Dedan.
- And Cush begot Nimrod;
he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
- He was a mighty hunter before the LORD;
wherefore it is said: "Like Nimrod a mighty hunter before the LORD."
- And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.
- Out of that land went forth Asshur, and builded Nineveh, and Rehoboth-ir, and Calah,
- and Resen between Nineveh and Calah - the same is the great city.
- And Mizraim begot Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim,
- and Pathrusim, and Casluhim - whence went forth the Philistines - and Caphtorim.
- And Canaan begot Zidon his firstborn, and Heth;
- and the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgashite;
- and the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite;
- and the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite;
and afterward were the families of the Canaanite spread abroad.
- And the border of the Canaanite was from Zidon, as thou goest toward Gerar, unto Gaza;
as thou goest toward Sodom and Gomorrah and Admah and Zeboiim, unto Lasha.
- These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, in their nations.
- And unto Shem, the father of all the children of Eber, the elder brother of Japheth, to him also were children born.
- The sons of Shem: Elam, and Asshur, and Arpachshad, and Lud, and Aram.
- And the sons of Aram: Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.
- And Arpachshad begot Shelah;
and Shelah begot Eber.
- And unto Eber were born two sons;
the name of the one was Peleg;
for in his days was the earth divided;
and his brother"s name was Joktan.
- And Joktan begot Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah;
- and Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah;
- and Obal, and Abimael, and Sheba;
- and Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab;
all these were the sons of Joktan.
- And their dwelling was from Mesha, as thou goest toward Sephar, unto the mountain of the east.
- These are the sons of Shem, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, after their nations.
- These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations;
and of these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.