- (14:2) Return, O Israel, unto the LORD thy God;
for thou hast stumbled in thine iniquity.
- (14:3) Take with you words, and return unto the LORD;
say unto Him: "Forgive all iniquity, and accept that which is good;
so will we render for bullocks the offering of our lips.
- (14:4) Asshur shall not save us;
we will not ride upon horses;
neither will we call any more the work of our hands our gods;
for in Thee the fatherless findeth mercy."
- (14:5) I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely;
for Mine anger is turned away from him.
- (14:6) I will be as the dew unto Israel;
he shall blossom as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon.
- (14:7) His branches shall spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive-tree, and his fragrance as Lebanon.
- (14:8) They that dwell under his shadow shall again make corn to grow, and shall blossom as the vine;
the scent thereof shall be as the wine of Lebanon.
- (14:9) Ephraim shall say: "What have I to do any more with idols?" As for Me, I respond and look on him;
I am like a leafy cypress-tree;
from Me is thy fruit found.
- (14:10) Whoso is wise, let him understand these things, whoso is prudent, let him know them.
For the ways of the LORD are right, and the just do walk in them;
but transgressors do stumble therein.