- And the LORD said unto me: "Go yet, love a woman beloved of her friend and an adulteress, even as the LORD loveth the children of Israel, though they turn unto other gods, and love cakes of raisins.
- So I bought her to me for fifteen pieces of silver and a homer of barley, and a half-homer of barley;
- and I said unto her: "Thou shalt sit solitary for me many days;
thou shalt not play the harlot, and thou shalt not be any man"s wife;
nor will I be thine."
- For the children of Israel shall sit solitary many days without king, and without prince, and without sacrifice, and without pillar, and without ephod or teraphim;
- afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king;
and shall come trembling unto the LORD and to His goodness in the end of days.