- Hear this, O ye priests, and attend, ye house of Israel, and give ear, O house of the king, for unto you pertaineth the judgment;
for ye have been a snare on Mizpah, and a net spread upon Tabor.
- And they that fall away are gone deep in making slaughter;
and I am rejected of them all.
- I, even I, know Ephraim, and Israel is not hid from Me;
for now, O Ephraim, thou hast committed harlotry, Israel is defiled.
- Their doings will not suffer them to return unto their God;
for the spirit of harlotry is within them, and they know not the LORD.
- But the pride of Israel shall testify to his face;
and Israel and Ephraim shall stumble in their iniquity, Judah also shall stumble with them.
- With their flocks and with their herds they shall go to seek the LORD, but they shall not find Him;
He hath withdrawn Himself from them.
- They have dealt treacherously against the LORD, for they have begotten strange children;
now shall the new moon devour them with their portions.
- Blow ye the horn in Gibeah, and the trumpet in Ramah;
sound an alarm at Beth-aven: "Behind thee, O Benjamin!"
- Ephraim shall be desolate in the day of rebuke;
among the tribes of Israel do I make known that which shall surely be.
- The princes of Judah are like them that remove the landmark;
I will pour out My wrath upon them like water.
- Oppressed is Ephraim, crushed in his right;
because he willingly walked after filth.
- Therefore am I unto Ephraim as a moth, and to the house of Judah as rottenness.
- And when Ephraim saw his sickness, and Judah his wound, Ephraim went to Assyria, and sent to King Contentious;
but he is not able to heal you, neither shall he cure you of your wound.
- For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah;
I, even I, will tear and go away, I will take away, and there shall be none to deliver.
- I will go and return to My place, till they acknowledge their guilt, and seek My face;
in their trouble they will seek Me earnestly: