- "Come, and let us return unto the LORD;
for He hath torn, and He will heal us, He hath smitten, and He will bind us up.
- After two days will He revive us, on the third day He will raise us up, that we may live in His presence.
- And let us know, eagerly strive to know the LORD, His going forth is sure as the morning;
and He shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter rain that watereth the earth."
- O Ephraim, what shall I do unto thee?
O Judah, what shall I do unto thee?
for your goodness is as a morning cloud, and as the dew that early passeth away.
- Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets, I have slain them by the words of My mouth;
and thy judgment goeth forth as the light.
- For I desire mercy, and not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God rather than burnt-offerings.
- But they like men have transgressed the covenant;
there have they dealt treacherously against Me.
- Gilead is a city of them that work iniquity, it is covered with footprints of blood.
- And as troops of robbers wait for a man, so doth the company of priests;
they murder in the way toward Shechem;
yea, they commit enormity.
- In the house of Israel I have seen a horrible thing;
there harlotry is found in Ephraim, Israel is defiled.
- Also, O Judah, there is a harvest appointed for thee!
When I would turn the captivity of My people,