- when I would heal Israel, then is the iniquity of Ephraim uncovered, and the wickedness of Samaria, for they commit falsehood;
and the thief entereth in, and the troop of robbers maketh a raid without.
- And let them not say to their heart - I remember all their wickedness;
now their own doings have beset them about, they are before My face.
- They make the king glad with their wickedness, and the princes with their lies.
- They are all adulterers, as an oven heated by the baker, who ceaseth to stir from the kneading of the dough until it be leavened.
- On the day of our king the princes make him sick with the heat of wine, he stretcheth out his hand with scorners.
- For they have made ready their heart like an oven, while they lie in wait;
their baker sleepeth all the night, in the morning it burneth as a flaming fire.
- They are all hot as an oven, and devour their judges;
all their kings are fallen, there is none among them that calleth unto Me.
- Ephraim, he mixeth himself with the peoples;
Ephraim is become a cake not turned.
- Strangers have devoured his strength, and he knoweth it not;
yea, gray hairs are here and there upon him, and he knoweth it not.
- And the pride of Israel testifieth to his face;
but they have not returned unto the LORD their God, nor sought Him, for all this.
- And Ephraim is become like a silly dove, without understanding;
they call unto Egypt, they go to Assyria.
- Even as they go, I will spread My net upon them;
I will bring them down as the fowls of the heaven;
I will chastise them, as their congregation hath been made to hear.
- Woe unto them!
for they have strayed from Me;
Destruction unto them!
for they have transgressed against Me;
Shall I then redeem them, seeing they have spoken lies against Me?
- And they have not cried unto Me with their heart, though they wail upon their beds;
they assemble themselves for corn and wine, they rebel against Me.
- Though I have trained and strengthened their arms, yet do they devise evil against Me.
- They return, but not upwards;
they are become like a deceitful bow;
their princes shall fall by the sword for the rage of their tongue;
this shall be their derision in the land of Egypt.