- The burden of Moab.
For in the night that Ar of Moab is laid waste, he is brought to ruin;
for in the night that Kir of Moab is laid waste, he is brought to ruin.
- He is gone up to Baith, and to Dibon, to the high places, to weep;
upon Nebo, and upon Medeba, Moab howleth;
on all their heads is baldness, every beard is shaven.
- In their streets they gird themselves with sackcloth;
on their housetops, and in their broad places, every one howleth, weeping profusely.
- And Heshbon crieth out, and Elealeh;
their voice is heard even unto Jahaz;
therefore the armed men of Moab cry aloud;
his soul is faint within him.
- My heart crieth out for Moab;
her fugitives reach unto Zoar, a heifer of three years old;
for by the ascent of Luhith with weeping they go up;
for in the way of Horonaim they raise up a cry of destruction.
- For the Waters of Nimrim shall be desolate;
for the grass is withered away, the herbage faileth, there is no green thing.
- Therefore the abundance they have gotten, and that which they have laid up, shall they carry away to the brook of the willows.
- For the cry is gone round about the borders of Moab;
the howling thereof unto Eglaim, and the howling thereof unto Beer-elim.
- For the waters of Dimon are full of blood;
for I will bring yet more upon Dimon, a lion upon him that escapeth of Moab, and upon the remnant of the land.