- Send ye the lambs for the ruler of the land from the crags that are toward the wilderness, unto the mount of the daughter of Zion.
- For it shall be that, as wandering birds, as a scattered nest, so shall the daughters of Moab be at the fords of Arnon.
- "Give counsel, execute justice;
make thy shadow as the night in the midst of the noonday;
hide the outcasts;
betray not the fugitive.
- Let mine outcasts dwell with thee;
as for Moab, be thou a covert to him from the face of the spoiler." For the extortion is at an end, spoiling ceaseth, they that trampled down are consumed out of the land;
- And a throne is established through mercy, and there sitteth thereon in truth, in the tent of David, one that judgeth, and seeketh justice, and is ready in righteousness.
- We have heard of the pride of Moab;
he is very proud;
even of his haughtiness, and his pride, and his arrogancy, his ill-founded boastings.
- Therefore shall Moab wail for Moab, every one shall wail;
for the sweet cakes of Kir-hareseth shall ye mourn, sorely stricken.
- For the fields of Heshbon languish, and the vine of Sibmah, whose choice plants did overcome the lords of nations;
they reached even unto Jazer, they wandered into the wilderness;
her branches were spread abroad, they passed over the sea.
- Therefore I will weep with the weeping of Jazer for the vine of Sibmah;
I will water thee with my tears, O Heshbon, and Elealeh;
for upon thy summer fruits and upon thy harvest the battle shout is fallen.
- And gladness and joy are taken away out of the fruitful field;
and in the vineyards there shall be no singing, neither shall there be shouting;
no treader shall tread out wine in the presses;
I have made the vintage shout to cease.
- Wherefore my heart moaneth like a harp for Moab, and mine inward parts for Kir-heres.
- And it shall come to pass, when it is seen that Moab hath wearied himself upon the high place, that he shall come to his sanctuary to pray;
but he shall not prevail
- This is the word that the LORD spoke concerning Moab in time past.
- But now the LORD hath spoken, saying: "Within three years, as the years of a hireling, and the glory of Moab shall wax contemptible for all his great multitude;
and the remnant shall be very small and without strength."