- Ah, land of the buzzing of wings, which is beyond the rivers of Ethiopia;
- That sendeth ambassadors by the sea, even in vessels of papyrus upon the waters!
Go, ye swift messengers, to a nation tall and of glossy skin, to a people terrible from their beginning onward;
a nation that is sturdy and treadeth down, whose land the rivers divide!
- All ye inhabitants of the world, and ye dwellers on the earth, when an ensign is lifted up on the mountains, see ye;
and when the horn is blown, hear ye.
- For thus hath the LORD said unto me: I will hold Me still, and I will look on in My dwelling-place, like clear heat in sunshine, like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest.
- For before the harvest, when the blossom is over, and the bud becometh a ripening grape, He will cut off the sprigs with pruning-hooks, and the shoots will He take away and lop off.
- They shall be left together unto the ravenous birds of the mountains, and to the beasts of the earth;
and the ravenous birds shall summer upon them, and all the beasts of the earth shall winter upon them.
- In that time shall a present be brought unto the LORD of hosts of a people tall and of glossy skin, and from a people terrible from their beginning onward;
a nation that is sturdy and treadeth down, whose land the rivers divide, to the place of the name of the LORD of hosts, the mount Zion.