- In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah: We have a strong city;
walls and bulwarks doth He appoint for salvation.
- Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation that keepeth faithfulness may enter in.
- The mind stayed on Thee Thou keepest in perfect peace;
because it trusteth in Thee.
- Trust ye in the LORD for ever, for the LORD is GOD, an everlasting Rock.
- For He hath brought down them that dwell on high, the lofty city, laying it low, laying it low even to the ground, bringing it even to the dust.
- The foot shall tread it down, even the feet of the poor, and the steps of the needy.
- The way of the just is straight;
Thou, Most Upright, makest plain the path of the just.
- Yea, in the way of Thy judgments, O LORD, have we waited for Thee;
to Thy name and to Thy memorial is the desire of our soul.
- With my soul have I desired Thee in the night;
yea, with my spirit within me have I sought Thee earnestly;
for when Thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.
- Let favour be shown to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness;
in the land of uprightness will he deal wrongfully, and will not behold the majesty of the LORD.
- LORD, Thy hand was lifted up, yet they see not;
they shall see with shame Thy zeal for the people;
yea, fire shall devour Thine adversaries.
- LORD, Thou wilt establish peace for us;
for Thou hast indeed wrought all our works for us.
- O LORD our God, other lords beside Thee have had dominion over us;
but by Thee only do we make mention of Thy name.
- The dead live not, the shades rise not;
to that end hast Thou punished and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.
- Thou hast gotten Thee honour with the nations, O LORD, yea, exceeding great honour with the nations;
Thou art honoured unto the farthest ends of the earth.
- LORD, in trouble have they sought Thee, silently they poured out a prayer when Thy chastening was upon them.
- Like as a woman with child, that draweth near the time of her delivery, is in pain and crieth out in her pangs;
so have we been at Thy presence, O LORD.
- We have been with child, we have been in pain, we have as it were brought forth wind;
we have not wrought any deliverance in the land;
neither are the inhabitants of the world come to life.
- Thy dead shall live, my dead bodies shall arise - awake and sing, ye that dwell in the dust - for Thy dew is as the dew of light, and the earth shall bring to life the shades.
- Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee;
hide thyself for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
- For, behold, the LORD cometh forth out of His place to visit upon the inhabitants of the earth their iniquity;
the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.