- Woe to thee that spoilest, and thou wast not spoiled;
and dealest treacherously, and they dealt not treacherously with thee!
When thou hast ceased to spoil, thou shalt be spoiled;
and when thou art weary with dealing treacherously, they shall deal treacherously with thee.
- O LORD, be gracious unto us;
we have waited for Thee;
be Thou their arm every morning, our salvation also in the time of trouble.
- At the noise of the tumult the peoples are fled;
at the lifting up of Thyself the nations are scattered.
- And your spoil is gathered as the caterpillar gathereth;
as locusts leap do they leap upon it.
- The LORD is exalted, for He dwelleth on high;
He hath filled Zion with justice and righteousness.
- And the stability of thy times shall be a hoard of salvation - wisdom and knowledge, and the fear of the LORD which is His treasurer
- Behold, their valiant ones cry without;
the ambassadors of peace weep bitterly.
- The highways lie waste, the wayfaring man ceaseth;
he hath broken the covenant, he hath despised the cities, he regardeth not man.
- The land mourneth and languisheth;
Lebanon is ashamed, it withereth;
Sharon is like a wilderness;
and Bashan and Carmel are clean bare.
- Now will I arise, saith the LORD;
now will I be exalted;
now will I lift Myself up.
- Ye conceive chaff, ye shall bring forth stubble;
your breath is a fire that shall devour you.
- And the peoples shall be as the burnings of lime;
as thorns cut down, that are burned in the fire.
- Hear, ye that are far off, what I have done;
and, ye that are near, acknowledge My might.
- The sinners in Zion are afraid;
trembling hath seized the ungodly: "Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire?
Who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?"
- He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly;
he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from looking upon evil;
- He shall dwell on high;
his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks;
his bread shall be given, his waters shall be sure.
- Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty;
they shall behold a land stretching afar.
- Thy heart shall muse on the terror: "Where is he that counted, where is he that weighed?
Where is he that counted the towers?"
- Thou shalt not see the fierce people;
a people of a deep speech that thou canst not perceive, of a stammering tongue that thou canst not understand.
- Look upon Zion, the city of our solemn gatherings;
thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a peaceful habitation, a tent that shall not be removed, the stakes whereof shall never be plucked up, neither shall any of the cords thereof be broken.
- But there the LORD will be with us in majesty, in a place of broad rivers and streams;
wherein shall go no galley with oars, neither shall gallant ship pass thereby.
- For the LORD is our Judge, the LORD is our Lawgiver, the LORD is our King;
He will save us.
- Thy tacklings are loosed;
they do not hold the stand of their mast, they do not spread the sail;
then is the prey of a great spoil divided;
the lame take the prey.
- And the inhabitant shall not say: "I am sick";
the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity.