- Come near, ye nations, to hear, and attend, ye peoples;
let the earth hear, and the fulness thereof, the world, and all things that come forth of it.
- For the LORD hath indignation against all the nations, and fury against all their host;
He hath utterly destroyed them, He hath delivered them to the slaughter.
- Their slain also shall be cast out, and the stench of their carcasses shall come up, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.
- And all the host of heaven shall moulder away, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll;
and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig-tree.
- For My sword hath drunk its fill in heaven;
behold, it shall come down upon Edom, and upon the people of My ban, to judgment.
- The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams;
for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Edom.
- And the wild-oxen shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls;
and their land shall be drunken with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.
- For the LORD hath a day of vengeance, a year of recompense for the controversy of Zion.
- And the streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch.
- It shall not be quenched night nor day, the smoke thereof shall go up for ever;
from generation to generation it shall lie waste: none shall pass through it for ever and ever.
- But the pelican and the bittern shall possess it, and the owl and the raven shall dwell therein;
and He shall stretch over it the line of confusion, and the plummet of emptiness.
- As for her nobles, none shall be there to be called to the kingdom;
and all her princes shall be nothing.
- And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and thistles in the fortresses thereof;
and it shall be a habitation of wild-dogs, an enclosure for ostriches.
- And the wild-cats shall meet with the jackals, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow;
yea, the night-monster shall repose there, and shall find her a place of rest.
- There shall the arrowsnake make her nest, and lay, and hatch, and brood under her shadow;
yea, there shall the kites be gathered, every one with her mate.
- Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read;
no one of these shall be missing, none shall want her mate;
for My mouth it hath commanded, and the breath thereof it hath gathered them.
- And He hath cast the lot for them, and His hand hath divided it unto them by line;
they shall possess it for ever, from generation to generation shall they dwell therein.