- The wilderness and the parched land shall be glad;
and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.
- It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice, even with joy and singing;
the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon;
they shall see the glory of the LORD, the excellency of our God.
- Strengthen ye the weak hands, and make firm the tottering knees.
- Say to them that are of a fearful heart: "Be strong, fear not";
behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God He will come and save you.
- Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
- Then shall the lame man leap as a hart, and the tongue of the dumb shall sing;
for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.
- And the parched land shall become a pool, and the thirsty ground springs of water;
in the habitation of jackals herds shall lie down, it shall be an enclosure for reeds and rushes.
- And a highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness;
the unclean shall not pass over it;
but it shall be for those;
the wayfaring men, yea fools, shall not err therein.
- No lion shall be there, nor shall any ravenous beast go up thereon, they shall not be found there;
but the redeemed shall walk there;
- And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come with singing unto Zion, and everlasting joy shall be upon their heads;
they shall obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.