- Thus saith the LORD to His anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him, and to loose the loins of kings;
to open the doors before him, and that the gates may not be shut:
- I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight;
I will break in pieces the doors of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron;
- And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I am the LORD, who call thee by thy name, even the God of Israel.
- For the sake of Jacob My servant, and Israel Mine elect, I have called thee by thy name, I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known Me.
- I am the LORD, and there is none else, beside Me there is no God;
I have girded thee, though thou hast not known Me;
- That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside Me;
I am the LORD;
and there is none else;
- I form the light, and create darkness;
I make peace, and create evil;
I am the LORD, that doeth all these things.
- Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness;
let the earth open, that they may bring forth salvation, and let her cause righteousness to spring up together;
I the LORD have created it.
- Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker, as a potsherd with the potsherds of the earth!
Shall the clay say to him that fashioned it: "What makest thou?" Or: "Thy work, it hath no hands"?
- Woe unto him that saith unto his father.
"Wherefore begettest thou?" Or to a woman: "Wherefore travailest thou?"
- Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker: Ask Me of the things that are to come;
concerning My sons, and concerning the work of My hands, command ye Me.
- I, even I, have made the earth, and created man upon it;
I, even My hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
- I have roused him up in victory, and I make level all his ways;
he shall build My city, and he shall let Mine exiles go free, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.
- Thus saith the LORD: the labour of Egypt, and the merchandise of Ethiopia, and of the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine;
they shall go after thee, in chains they shall come over;
and they shall fall down unto thee, they shall make supplication unto thee: Surely God is in thee, and there is none else, there is no other God.
- Verily Thou art a God that hidest Thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
- They shall be ashamed, yea, confounded, all of them;
they shall go in confusion together that are makers of idols.
- O Israel, that art saved by the LORD with an everlasting salvation;
ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.
- For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens, He is God;
that formed the earth and made it, He established it, He created it not a waste, He formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD, and there is none else.
- I have not spoken in secret, in a place of the land of darkness;
I said not unto the seed of Jacob: "Seek ye Me in vain";
I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.
- Assemble yourselves and come, draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations;
they have no knowledge that carry the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.
- Declare ye, and bring them near, yea, let them take counsel together: Who hath announced this from ancient time, and declared it of old?
Have not I the LORD?
And there is no God else beside Me, a just God and a Saviour;
there is none beside Me.
- Look unto Me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth;
for I am God, and there is none else.
- By Myself have I sworn, the word is gone forth from My mouth in righteousness, and shall not come back, that unto Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
- Only in the LORD, shall one say of Me, is victory and strength;
even to Him shall men come in confusion, all they that were incensed against Him.
- In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.