- Bel boweth down, Nebo stoopeth;
their idols are upon the beasts, and upon the cattle;
the things that ye carried about are made a load, a burden to the weary beast.
- They stoop, they bow down together, they could not deliver the burden;
and themselves are gone into captivity.
- Hearken unto Me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, that are borne by Me from the birth, that are carried from the womb:
- Even to old age I am the same, and even to hoar hairs will I carry you;
I have made, and I will bear;
yea, I will carry, and will deliver.
- To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal, and compare Me, that we may be like?
- Ye that lavish gold out of the bag, and weigh silver in the balance;
ye that hire a goldsmith, that he make it a god, to fall down thereto, yea, to worship.
- He is borne upon the shoulder, he is carried, and set in his place, and he standeth, from his place he doth not remove;
yea, though one cry unto him, he cannot answer, nor save him out of his trouble.
- Remember this, and stand fast;
bring it to mind, O ye transgressors.
- Remember the former things of old: that I am God, and there is none else;
I am God, and there is none like Me;
- Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done;
saying: "My counsel shall stand, and all My pleasure will I do";
- Calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of My counsel from a far country;
yea, I have spoken, I will also bring it to pass, I have purposed, I will also do it.
- Hearken unto Me, ye stout-hearted, that are far from righteousness:
- I bring near My righteousness, it shall not be far off, and My salvation shall not tarry;
and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel My glory.