- Behold, the LORD"S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, neither His ear heavy, that it cannot hear;
- But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid His face from you, that He will not hear.
- For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity;
your lips have spoken lies, your tongue muttereth wickedness.
- None sueth in righteousness, and none pleadeth in truth;
they trust in vanity, and speak lies, they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity.
- They hatch basilisks" eggs, and weave the spider"s web;
he that eateth of their eggs dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper.
- Their webs shall not become garments, neither shall men cover themselves with their works;
their works are works of iniquity, and the act of violence is in their hands.
- Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood;
their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity, desolation and destruction are in their paths.
- The way of peace they know not, and there is no right in their goings;
they have made them crooked paths, whosoever goeth therein doth not know peace.
- Therefore is justice far from us, neither doth righteousness overtake us;
we look for light, but behold darkness, for brightness, but we walk in gloom.
- We grope for the wall like the blind, yea, as they that have no eyes do we grope;
we stumble at noonday as in the twilight;
we are in dark places like the dead.
- We all growl like bears, and mourn sore like doves;
we look for right, but there is none;
for salvation, but it is far off from us.
- For our transgressions are multiplied before Thee, and our sins testify against us;
for our transgressions are present to us, and as for our iniquities, we know them:
- Transgressing and denying the LORD, and turning away from following our God, speaking oppression and perverseness, conceiving and uttering from the heart words of falsehood.
- And justice is turned away backward, and righteousness standeth afar off;
for truth hath stumbled in the broad place, and uprightness cannot enter.
- And truth is lacking, and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey.
And the LORD saw it, and it displeased Him that there was no justice;
- And He saw that there was no man, and was astonished that there was no intercessor;
therefore His own arm brought salvation unto Him;
and His righteousness, it sustained Him;
- And He put on righteousness as a coat of mail, and a helmet of salvation upon His head, and He put on garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak.
- According to their deeds, accordingly He will repay, fury to His adversaries, recompense to His enemies;
to the islands He will repay recompense.
- So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and His glory from the rising of the sun;
for distress will come in like a flood, which the breath of the LORD driveth.
- And a redeemer will come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
- And as for Me, this is My covenant with them, saith the LORD;
My spirit that is upon thee, and My words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed"s seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.