- The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me;
because the LORD hath anointed me to bring good tidings unto the humble;
He hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the eyes to them that are bound;
- To proclaim the year of the LORD"S good pleasure, and the day of vengeance of our God;
to comfort all that mourn;
- To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them a garland for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the mantle of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
that they might be called terebinths of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, wherein He might glory.
- And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall renew the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
- And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and aliens shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
- But ye shall be named the priests of the LORD, men shall call you the ministers of our God;
ye shall eat the wealth of the nations, and in their splendour shall ye revel.
- For your shame which was double, and for that they rejoiced: "Confusion is their portion";
therefore in their land they shall possess double, everlasting joy shall be unto them.
- For I the LORD love justice, I hate robbery with iniquity;
and I will give them their recompense in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
- And their seed shall be known among the nations, and their offspring among the peoples;
all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.
- I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God;
for He hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, He hath covered me with the robe of victory, as a bridegroom putteth on a priestly diadem, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.
- For as the earth bringeth forth her growth, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth;
so the Lord GOD will cause victory and glory to spring forth before all the nations.