- "Who is this that cometh from Edom, with crimsoned garments from Bozrah?
This that is glorious in his apparel, stately in the greatness of his strength?" - " I that speak in victory, mighty to save." -
- "Wherefore is Thine apparel red, and Thy garments like his that treadeth in the winevat?" -
- "I have trodden the winepress alone, and of the peoples there was no man with Me;
yea, I trod them in Mine anger, and trampled them in My fury;
and their lifeblood is dashed against My garments, and I have stained all My raiment.
- For the day of vengeance that was in My heart, and My year of redemption are come.
- And I looked, and there was none to help, and I beheld in astonishment, and there was none to uphold;
therefore Mine own arm brought salvation unto Me, and My fury, it upheld Me.
- And I trod down the peoples in Mine anger, and made them drunk with My fury, and I poured out their lifeblood on the earth."
- I will make mention of the mercies of the LORD, and the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD hath bestowed on us;
and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which He hath bestowed on them according to His compassions, and according to the multitude of His mercies.
- For He said: "Surely, they are My people, children that will not deal falsely";
so He was their Saviour.
- In all their affliction He was afflicted, and the angel of His presence saved them;
in His love and in His pity He redeemed them;
and He bore them, and carried them all the days of old.
- But they rebelled, and grieved His holy spirit;
therefore He was turned to be their enemy, Himself fought against them.
- Then His people remembered the days of old, the days of Moses: "Where is He that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherds of His flock?
Where is He that put His holy spirit in the midst of them?
- That caused His glorious arm to go at the right hand of Moses?
that divided the water before them, to make Himself an everlasting name?
- That led them through the deep, as a horse in the wilderness, without stumbling?
- As the cattle that go down into the valley, the spirit of the LORD caused them to rest;
so didst Thou lead Thy people, to make Thyself a glorious name."
- Look down from heaven, and see, even from Thy holy and glorious habitation;
where is Thy zeal and Thy mighty acts, the yearning of Thy heart and Thy compassions, now restrained toward me?
- For Thou art our Father;
for Abraham knoweth us not, and Israel doth not acknowledge us;
Thou, O LORD, art our Father, our Redeemer from everlasting is Thy name.
- O LORD, why dost Thou make us to err from Thy ways, and hardenest our heart from Thy fear?
Return for Thy servants" sake, the tribes of Thine inheritance.
- Thy holy people they have well nigh driven out, our adversaries have trodden down Thy sanctuary.
- We are become as they over whom Thou never borest rule, as they that were not called by Thy name.