- I gave access to them that asked not for Me, I was at hand to them that sought Me not;
I said: "Behold Me, behold Me", unto a nation that was not called by My name.
- I have spread out My hands all the day unto a rebellious people, that walk in a way that is not good, after their own thoughts;
- A people that provoke Me to My face continually, that sacrifice in gardens, and burn incense upon bricks;
- That sit among the graves, and lodge in the vaults;
that eat swine"s flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels;
- That say: "Stand by thyself, come not near to me, for I am holier than thou";
these are a smoke in My nose, a fire that burneth all the day.
- Behold, it is written before Me;
I will not keep silence, except I have requited, yea, I will requite into their bosom,
- Your own iniquities, and the iniquities of your fathers together, saith the LORD, that have offered upon the mountains, and blasphemed Me upon the hills;
therefore will I first measure their wage into their bosom.
- Thus saith the LORD: as, when wine is found in the cluster, one saith: "Destroy it not, for a blessing is in it";
so will I do for My servants" sakes, that I may not destroy all.
- And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of My mountains;
and Mine elect shall inherit it, and My servants shall dwell there.
- And Sharon shall be a fold of flocks, and the valley of Achor a place for herds to lie down in, for My people that have sought Me;
- But ye that forsake the LORD, that forget My holy mountain, that prepare a table for Fortune, and that offer mingled wine in full measure unto Destiny,
- I will destine you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter;
because when I called, ye did not answer, when I spoke, ye did not hear;
but ye did that which was evil in Mine eyes, and chose that wherein I delighted not.
- Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD: Behold, My servants shall eat, but ye shall be hungry;
behold, My servants shall drink, but ye shall be thirsty;
behold, My servants shall rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed;
- Behold, My servants shall sing for joy of heart, but ye shall cry for sorrow of heart, and shall wail for vexation of spirit.
- And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto Mine elect: "So may the Lord GOD slay thee";
but He shall call His servants by another name;
- So that he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself by the God of truth;
and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth;
because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from Mine eyes.
- For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;
and the former things shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
- But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create;
for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
- And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in My people;
and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
- There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man, that hath not filled his days;
for the youngest shall die a hundred years old, and the sinner being a hundred years old shall be accursed.
- And they shall build houses, and inhabit them;
and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
- They shall not build, and another inhabit, they shall not plant, and another eat;
for as the days of a tree shall be the days of My people, and Mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
- They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for terror;
for they are the seed blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.
- And it shall come to pass that, before they call, I will answer, and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
- The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the ox;
and dust shall be the serpent"s food.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, saith the LORD.