- The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying:
- "Thus speaketh the LORD, the God of Israel, saying: Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book.
- For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will turn the captivity of My people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD;
and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it."
- And these are the words that the LORD spoke concerning Israel and concerning Judah.
- For thus saith the LORD: We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear, and not of peace.
- Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child;
wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness?
for that day is great, so that none is like it;
and it is a time of trouble unto Jacob, but out of it shall he be saved.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck, and will burst thy bands;
and strangers shall no more make him their bondman;
- But they shall serve the LORD their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.
- Therefore fear thou not, O Jacob My servant, saith the LORD;
neither be dismayed, O Israel;
for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity;
and Jacob shall again be quiet and at ease, and none shall make him afraid.
- For I am with thee, saith the LORD, to save thee;
for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have scattered thee, but I will not make a full end of thee;
for I will correct thee in measure, and will not utterly destroy thee.
- For thus saith the LORD: Thy hurt is incurable, and thy wound is grievous.
- None deemeth of thy wound that it may be bound up;
thou hast no healing medicines.
- All thy lovers have forgotten thee, they seek thee not;
for I have wounded thee with the wound of an enemy, with the chastisement of a cruel one;
for the greatness of thine iniquity, because thy sins were increased.
- Why criest thou for thy hurt, that thy pain is incurable?
For the greatness of thine iniquity, because thy sins were increased, I have done these things unto thee.
- Therefore all they that devour thee shall be devoured, and all thine adversaries, every one of them, shall go into captivity;
and they that spoil thee shall be a spoil, and all that prey upon thee will I give for a prey.
- For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD;
because they have called thee an outcast: "She is Zion, there is none that careth for her."
- Thus saith the LORD: Behold, I will turn the captivity of Jacob"s tents, and have compassion on his dwelling-places;
and the city shall be builded upon her own mound, and the palace shall be inhabited upon its wonted place.
- And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry;
and I will multiply them, and they shall not be diminished, I will also increase them, and they shall not dwindle away.
- Their children also shall be as aforetime, and their congregation shall be established before Me, and I will punish all that oppress them.
- And their prince shall be of themselves, and their ruler shall proceed from the midst of them;
and I will cause him to draw near, and he shall approach unto Me;
for who is he that hath pledged his heart to approach unto Me?
saith the LORD.
- And ye shall be My people, and I will be your God.
- Behold, a storm of the LORD is gone forth in fury, a sweeping storm;
it shall whirl upon the head of the wicked.
- The fierce anger of the LORD shall not return, until He have executed, and till He have performed the purposes of His heart;
in the end of days ye shall consider it.