- Lo, mine eye hath seen all this, mine ear hath heard and understood it.
- What ye know, do I know also;
I am not inferior unto you.
- Notwithstanding I would speak to the Almighty, and I desire to reason with God.
- But ye are plasterers of lies, ye are all physicians of no value.
- Oh that ye would altogether hold your peace!
and it would be your wisdom.
- Hear now my reasoning, and hearken to the pleadings of my lips.
- Will ye speak unrighteously for God, and talk deceitfully for Him?
- Will ye show Him favour?
Will ye contend for God?
- Would it be good that He should search you out?
Or as one mocketh a man, will ye mock Him?
- He will surely reprove you, if ye do secretly show favour.
- Shall not His majesty terrify you, and His dread fall upon you?
- Your memorials shall be like unto ashes, your eminences to eminences of clay.
- Hold your peace, let me alone, that I may speak, and let come on me what will.
I will take my flesh in my teeth, and put my life in my hand.
- Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him;
but I will argue my ways before Him.
- This also shall be my salvation, that a hypocrite cannot come before Him.
- Hear diligently my speech, and let my declaration be in your ears.
- Behold now, I have ordered my cause;
I know that I shall be justified.
- Who is he that will contend with me?
For then would I hold my peace and die.
- Only do not two things unto me, then will I not hide myself from Thee:
- Withdraw Thy hand far from me;
and let not Thy terror make me afraid.
- Then call Thou, and I will answer;
or let me speak, and answer Thou me.
- How many are mine iniquities and sins?
Make me to know my transgression and my sin.
- Wherefore hidest Thou Thy face, and holdest me for Thine enemy?
- Wilt Thou harass a driven leaf?
And wilt Thou pursue the dry stubble?
- That Thou shouldest write bitter things against me, and make me to inherit the iniquities of my youth.
- Thou puttest my feet also in the stocks, and lookest narrowly unto all my paths;
Thou drawest Thee a line about the soles of my feet;
- Though I am like a wine-skin that consumeth, like a garment that is moth-eaten.