- Then Job answered and said:
- How hast thou helped him that is without power!
How hast thou saved the arm that hath no strength!
- How hast thou counselled him that hath no wisdom, and plentifully declared sound knowledge!
- With whose help hast thou uttered words?
And whose spirit came forth from thee?
- The shades tremble beneath the waters and the inhabitants thereof.
- The nether-world is naked before Him, and Destruction hath no covering.
- He stretcheth out the north over the empty space, and hangeth the earth over nothing.
- He bindeth up the waters in His thick clouds;
and the cloud is not rent under them.
- He closeth in the face of His throne, and spreadeth His cloud upon it.
- He hath described a boundary upon the face of the waters, unto the confines of light and darkness.
- The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at His rebuke.
- He stirreth up the sea with His power, and by His understanding He smiteth through Rahab.
- By His breath the heavens are serene;
His hand hath pierced the slant serpent.
- Lo, these are but the outskirts of His ways;
and how small a whisper is heard of Him!
But the thunder of His mighty deeds who can understand?