- So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes.
- Then was kindled the wrath of Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite, of the family of Ram;
against Job was his wrath kindled, because he justified himself rather than God.
- Also against his three friends was his wrath kindled, because they had found no answer, and yet had condemned Job.
- Now Elihu had waited to speak unto Job, because they were older than he.
- And when Elihu saw that there was no answer in the mouth of these three men, his wrath was kindled.
- And Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered and said: I am young, and ye are very old;
wherefore I held back, and durst not declare you mine opinion.
- I said: "Days should speak, and multitude of years should teach wisdom."
- But it is a spirit in man, and the breath of the Almighty, that giveth them understanding.
- It is not the great that are wise, nor the aged that discern judgment.
- Therefore I say: "Hearken to me;
I also will declare mine opinion."
- Behold, I waited for your words, I listened for your reasons, whilst ye searched out what to say.
- Yea, I attended unto you, and, behold, there was none that convinced Job, or that answered his words, among you.
- Beware lest ye say: "We have found wisdom;
God may vanquish him, not man!"
- For he hath not directed his words against me;
neither will I answer him with your speeches.
- They are amazed, they answer no more;
words are departed from them.
- And shall I wait, because they speak not, because they stand still, and answer no more?
- I also will answer my part, I also will declare mine opinion.
- For I am full of words;
the spirit within me constraineth me.
- Behold, mine inwards are as wine which hath no vent;
like new wine-skins which are ready to burst.
- I will speak, that I may find relief;
I will open my lips and answer.
- Let me not, I pray you, respect any man"s person;
neither will I give flattering titles unto any man.
- For I know not to give flattering titles;
else would my Maker soon take me away.