- Moreover Elihu answered and said:
- Thinkest thou this to be thy right, or sayest thou: "I am righteousness before God",
- That thou inquirest: "What advantage will it be unto Thee?" And: "What profit shall I have, more than if I had sinned?"
- I will give thee answer, and thy companions with thee.
- Look unto the heavens, and see;
and behold the skies, which are higher than thou.
- If thou hast sinned, what doest thou against Him?
And if thy transgressions be multiplied, what doest thou unto Him?
- If thou be righteous, what givest thou Him?
Or what receiveth He of thy hand?
- Thy wickedness concerneth a man as thou art;
and thy righteousness a son of man.
- By reason of the multitude of oppressions they cry out;
they cry for help by reason of the arm of the mighty.
- But none saith: "Where is God my Maker, who giveth songs in the night;
- Who teacheth us more than the beasts of the earth, and maketh us wiser than the fowls of heaven?"
- There they cry, but none giveth answer, because of the pride of evil men.
- Surely God will not hear vanity, neither will the Almighty regard it.
- Yea, when thou sayest thou canst not see Him - the cause is before Him;
therefore wait thou for Him.
- And now, is it for nought that He punished in His anger?
And hath He not full knowledge of arrogance?
- But Job doth open his mouth in vanity;
he multiplieth words without knowledge.