- Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said:
- Shall he that reproveth contend with the Almighty?
He that argueth with God, let him answer it.
- Then Job answered the LORD, and said:
- Behold, I am of small account;
what shall I answer Thee?
I lay my hand upon my mouth.
- Once have I spoken, but I will not answer again;
yea, twice, but I will proceed no further.
- Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said:
- Gird up thy loins now like a man;
I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto Me.
- Wilt thou even make void My judgment?
Wilt thou condemn Me, that thou mayest be justified?
- Or hast thou an arm like God?
And canst thou thunder with a voice like Him?
- Deck thyself now with majesty and excellency, and array thyself with glory and beauty.
- Cast abroad the rage of thy wrath;
and look upon every one that is proud, and abase him.
- Look on every one that is proud, and bring him low;
and tread down the wicked in their place.
- Hide them in the dust together;
bind their faces in the hidden place.
- Then will I also confess unto thee that thine own right hand can save thee.
- Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee;
he eateth grass as an ox.
- Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the stays of his body.
- He straineth his tail like a cedar;
the sinews of his thighs are knit together.
- His bones are as pipes of brass;
his gristles are like bars of iron.
- He is the beginning of the ways of God;
He only that made him can make His sword to approach unto him.
- Surely the mountains bring him forth food, and all the beasts of the field play there.
- He lieth under the lotus-trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.
- The lotus-trees cover him with their shadow;
the willows of the brook compass him about.
- Behold, if a river overflow, he trembleth not;
he is confident, though the Jordan rush forth to his mouth.
- Shall any take him by his eyes, or pierce through his nose with a snare?