- And the LORD spoke unto Moses, saying:
- Speak unto the children of Israel, saying: If a woman be delivered, and bear a man-child, then she shall be unclean seven days;
as in the days of the impurity of her sickness shall she be unclean.
- And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.
- And she shall continue in the blood of purification three and thirty days;
she shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purification be fulfilled.
- But if she bear a maid-child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her impurity;
and she shall continue in the blood of purification threescore and six days.
- And when the days of her purification are fulfilled, for a son, or for a daughter, she shall bring a lamb of the first year for a burnt-offering, and a young pigeon, or a turtle-dove, for a sin-offering, unto the door of the tent of meeting, unto the priest.
- And he shall offer it before the LORD, and make atonement for her;
and she shall be cleansed from the fountain of her blood.
This is the law for her that beareth, whether a male or a female.
- And if her means suffice not for a lamb, then she shall take two turtle-doves, or two young pigeons: the one for a burnt-offering, and the other for a sin-offering;
and the priest shall make atonement for her, and she shall be clean.