- (5:20) And the LORD spoke unto Moses, saying:
- (5:21) If any one sin, and commit a trespass against the LORD, and deal falsely with his neighbour in a matter of deposit, or of pledge, or of robbery, or have oppressed his neighbour;
- (5:22) or have found that which was lost, and deal falsely therein, and swear to a lie;
in any of all these that a man doeth, sinning therein;
- (5:23) then it shall be, if he hath sinned, and is guilty, that he shall restore that which he took by robbery, or the thing which he hath gotten by oppression, or the deposit which was deposited with him, or the lost thing which he found,
- (5:24) or any thing about which he hath sworn falsely, he shall even restore it in full, and shall add the fifth part more thereto;
unto him to whom it appertaineth shall he give it, in the day of his being guilty.
- (5:25) And he shall bring his forfeit unto the LORD, a ram without blemish out of the flock, according to thy valuation, for a guilt-offering, unto the priest.
- (5:26) And the priest shall make atonement for him before the LORD, and he shall be forgiven, concerning whatsoever he doeth so as to be guilty thereby.
- (6:1) And the LORD spoke unto Moses, saying:
- (6:2) Command Aaron and his sons, saying: This is the law of the burnt-offering: it is that which goeth up on its firewood upon the altar all night unto the morning;
and the fire of the altar shall be kept burning thereby.
- (6:3) And the priest shall put on his linen garment, and his linen breeches shall he put upon his flesh;
and he shall take up the ashes whereto the fire hath consumed the burnt-offering on the altar, and he shall put them beside the altar.
- (6:4) And he shall put off his garments, and put on other garments, and carry forth the ashes without the camp unto a clean place.
- (6:5) And the fire upon the altar shall be kept burning thereby, it shall not go out;
and the priest shall kindle wood on it every morning;
and he shall lay the burnt-offering in order upon it, and shall make smoke thereon the fat of the peace-offerings.
- (6:6) Fire shall be kept burning upon the altar continually;
it shall not go out.
- (6:7) And this is the law of the meal-offering: the sons of Aaron shall offer it before the LORD, in front of the altar.
- (6:8) And he shall take up therefrom his handful, of the fine flour of the meal-offering, and of the oil thereof, and all the frankincense which is upon the meal-offering, and shall make the memorial-part thereof smoke upon the altar for a sweet savour unto the LORD.
- (6:9) And that which is left thereof shall Aaron and his sons eat;
it shall be eaten without leaven in a holy place;
in the court of the tent of meeting they shall eat it.
- (6:10) It shall not be baked with leaven.
I have given it as their portion of My offerings made by fire;
it is most holy, as the sin-offering, and as the guilt-offering.
- (6:11) Every male among the children of Aaron may eat of it, as a due for ever throughout your generations, from the offerings of the LORD made by fire;
whatsoever toucheth them shall be holy.
- (6:12) And the LORD spoke unto Moses, saying:
- (6:13) This is the offering of Aaron and of his sons, which they shall offer unto the LORD in the day when he is anointed: the tenth part of an ephah of fine flour for a meal-offering perpetually, half of it in the morning, and half thereof in the evening.
- (6:14) On a griddle it shall be made with oil;
when it is soaked, thou shalt bring it in;
in broken pieces shalt thou offer the meal-offering for a sweet savour unto the LORD.
- (6:15) And the anointed priest that shall be in his stead from among his sons shall offer it, it is a due for ever;
it shall be wholly made to smoke unto the LORD.
- (6:16) And every meal-offering of the priest shall be wholly made to smoke;
it shall not be eaten.
- (6:17) And the LORD spoke unto Moses, saying:
- (6:18) Speak unto Aaron and to his sons, saying: This is the law of the sin-offering: in the place where the burnt-offering is killed shall the sin-offering be killed before the LORD;
it is most holy.
- (6:19) The priest that offereth it for sin shall eat it;
in a holy place shall it be eaten, in the court of the tent of meeting.
- (6:20) Whatsoever shall touch the flesh thereof shall be holy;
and when there is sprinkled of the blood thereof upon any garment, thou shalt wash that whereon it was sprinkled in a holy place.
- (6:21) But the earthen vessel wherein it is sodden shall be broken;
and if it be sodden in a brazen vessel, it shall be scoured, and rinsed in water.
- (6:22 Every male among the priests may eat thereof;
it is most holy.
- (6:23) And no sin-offering, whereof any of the blood is brought into the tent of meeting to make atonement in the holy place, shall be eaten;
it shall be burnt with fire.