- And it came to pass on the eighth day, that Moses called Aaron and his sons, and the elders of Israel;
- and he said unto Aaron: "Take thee a bull-calf for a sin-offering, and a ram for a burnt-offering, without blemish, and offer them before the LORD.
- And unto the children of Israel thou shalt speak, saying: Take ye a he-goat for a sin-offering;
and a calf and a lamb, both of the first year, without blemish, for a burnt-offering;
- and an ox and a ram for peace-offerings, to sacrifice before the LORD;
and a meal-offering mingled with oil;
for to-day the LORD appeareth unto you."
- And they brought that which Moses commanded before the tent of meeting;
and all the congregation drew near and stood before the LORD.
- And Moses said: "This is the thing which the LORD commanded that ye should do;
that the glory of the LORD may appear unto you."
- And Moses said unto Aaron: "Draw near unto the altar, and offer thy sin-offering, and thy burnt-offering, and make atonement for thyself, and for the people;
and present the offering of the people, and make atonement for them;
as the LORD commanded."
- So Aaron drew near unto the altar, and slew the calf of the sin-offering, which was for himself.
- And the sons of Aaron presented the blood unto him;
and he dipped his finger in the blood, and put it upon the horns of the altar, and poured out the blood at the base of the altar.
- But the fat, and the kidneys, and the lobe of the liver of the sin-offering, he made smoke upon the altar;
as the LORD commanded Moses.
- And the flesh and the skin were burnt with fire without the camp.
- And he slew the burnt-offering;
and Aaron"s sons delivered unto him the blood, and he dashed it against the altar round about.
- And they delivered the burnt-offering unto him, piece by piece, and the head;
and he made them smoke upon the altar.
- And he washed the inwards and the legs, and made them smoke upon the burnt-offering on the altar.
- And the people"s offering was presented;
and he took the goat of the sin-offering which was for the people, and slew it, and offered it for sin, as the first.
- And the burnt-offering was presented;
and he offered it according to the ordinance.
- And the meal-offering was presented;
and he filled his hand therefrom, and made it smoke upon the altar, besides the burnt-offering of the morning.
- He slew also the ox and the ram, the sacrifice of peace-offerings, which was for the people;
and Aaron"s sons delivered unto him the blood, and he dashed it against the altar round about,
- and the fat of the ox, and of the ram, the fat tail, and that which covereth the inwards, and the kidneys, and the lobe of the liver.
- And they put the fat upon the breasts, and he made the fat smoke upon the altar.
- And the breasts and the right thigh Aaron waved for a wave-offering before the LORD;
as Moses commanded.
- And Aaron lifted up his hands toward the people, and blessed them;
and he came down from offering the sin-offering, and the burnt-offering, and the peace-offerings.
- And Moses and Aaron went into the tent of meeting, and came out, and blessed the people;
and the glory of the LORD appeared unto all the people.
- And there came forth fire from before the LORD, and consumed upon the altar the burnt-offering and the fat;
and when all the people saw it, they shouted, and fell on their faces.