- THE WORD of the LORD that came to Micah the Morashtite in the days of Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, which he saw concerning Samaria and Jerusalem.
- Hear, ye peoples, all of you;
Hearken, O earth, and all that therein is;
and let the Lord GOD be witness against you, the Lord from His holy temple.
- For, behold, the LORD cometh forth out of His place, and will come down, and tread upon the high places of the earth.
- And the mountains shall be molten under Him, and the valleys shall be cleft, as wax before the fire, as waters that are poured down a steep place.
- For the transgression of Jacob is all this, and for the sins of the house of Israel.
What is the transgression of Jacob?
is it not Samaria?
And what are the high places of Judah?
are they not Jerusalem?
- Therefore I will make Samaria a heap in the field, a place for the planting of vineyards;
and I will pour down the stones thereof into the valley, and I will uncover the foundations thereof.
- And all her graven images shall be beaten to pieces, and all her hires shall be burned with fire, and all her idols will I lay desolate;
for of the hire of a harlot hath she gathered them, and unto the hire of a harlot shall they return.
- For this will I wail and howl, I will go stripped and naked;
I will make a wailing like the jackals, and a mourning like the ostriches.
- For her wound is incurable;
for it is come even unto Judah;
it reacheth unto the gate of my people, even to Jerusalem.
- Tell it not in Gath, weep not at all;
at Beth-le-aphrah roll thyself in the dust.
- Pass ye away, O inhabitant of Saphir, in nakedness and shame;
the inhabitant of Zaanan is not come forth;
the wailing of Beth-ezel shall take from you the standing-place thereof.
- For the inhabitant of Maroth waiteth anxiously for good;
because evil is come down from the LORD unto the gate of Jerusalem.
- Bind the chariots to the swift steeds, O inhabitant of Lachish;
she was the beginning of sin to the daughter of Zion;
for the transgressions of Israel are found in thee.
- Therefore shalt thou give a parting gift to Moresheth-gath;
the houses of Achzib shall be a deceitful thing unto the kings of Israel.
- I will yet bring unto thee, O inhabitant of Mareshah, him that shall possess thee;
the glory of Israel shall come even unto Adullam.
- Make thee bald, and poll thee for the children of thy delight;
enlarge thy baldness as the vulture;
for they are gone into captivity from thee.