- And I said: Hear, I pray you, ye heads of Jacob, and rulers of the house of Israel: is it not for you to know justice?
- Who hate the good, and love the evil;
who rob their skin from off them, and their flesh from off their bones;
- Who also eat the flesh of my people, and flay their skin from off them, and break their bones;
yea, they chop them in pieces, as that which is in the pot, and as flesh within the caldron.
- Then shall they cry unto the LORD, but He will not answer them;
yea, He will hide His face from them at that time, according as they have wrought evil in their doings.
- Thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that make my people to err;
that cry: "Peace", when their teeth have any thing to bite;
and whoso putteth not into their mouths, they even prepare war against him:
- Therefore it shall be night unto you, that ye shall have no vision;
and it shall be dark unto you, that ye shall not divine;
and the sun shall go down upon the prophets, and the day shall be black over them.
- And the seers shall be put to shame, and the diviners confounded;
yea, they shall all cover their upper lips;
for there shall be no answer of God.
- But I truly am full of power by the spirit of the LORD, and of justice, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin.
- Hear this, I pray you, ye heads of the house of Jacob, and rulers of the house of Israel, that abhor justice, and pervert all equity;
- That build up Zion with blood, and Jerusalem with iniquity.
- The heads thereof judge for reward, and the priests thereof teach for hire, and the prophets thereof divine for money;
yet will they lean upon the LORD, and say: "Is not the LORD in the midst of us?
No evil shall come upon us"?
- Therefore shall Zion for your sake be plowed as a field, and Jerusalem shall become heaps, and the mountain of the house as the high places of a forest.