- Whoso loveth knowledge loveth correction;
but he that is brutish hateth reproof.
- A good man shall obtain favour of the LORD;
but a man of wicked devices will He condemn.
- A man shall not be established by wickedness;
but the root of the righteous shall never be moved.
- A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband;
but she that doeth shamefully is as rottenness in his bones.
- The thoughts of the righteous are right;
but the counsels of the wicked are deceit.
- The words of the wicked are to lie in wait for blood;
but the mouth of the upright shall deliver them.
- The wicked are overthrown, and are not;
but the house of the righteous shall stand.
- A man shall be commended according to his intelligence;
but he that is of a distorted understanding shall be despised.
- Better is he that is lightly esteemed, and hath a servant, than he that playeth the man of rank, and lacketh bread.
- A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast;
but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.
- He that tilleth his ground shall have plenty of bread;
but he that followeth after vain things is void of understanding.
- The wicked desireth the prey of evil men;
but the root of the righteous yieldeth fruit.
- In the transgression of the lips is a snare to the evil man;
but the righteous cometh out of trouble.
- A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth, and the doings of a man"s hands shall be rendered unto him.
- The way of a fool is straight in his own eyes;
but he that is wise hearkeneth unto counsel.
- A fool"s vexation is presently known;
but a prudent man concealeth shame.
- He that breatheth forth truth uttereth righteousness;
but a false witness deceit.
- There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword;
but the tongue of the wise is health.
- The lip of truth shall be established for ever;
but a lying tongue is but for a moment.
- Deceit is in the heart of them that devise evil;
but to the counsellors of peace is joy.
- There shall no mischief befall the righteous;
but the wicked are filled with evil.
- Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD;
but they that deal truly are His delight.
- A prudent man concealeth knowledge;
but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness.
- The hand of the diligent shall bear rule;
but the slothful shall be under tribute.
- Care in the heart of a man boweth it down;
but a good word maketh it glad.
- The righteous is guided by his friend;
but the way of the wicked leadeth them astray.
- The slothful man shall not hunt his prey;
but the precious substance of men is to be diligent.
- In the way of righteousness is life, and in the pathway thereof there is no death.