- A soft answer turneth away wrath;
but a grievous word stirreth up anger.
- The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright;
but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
- The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch upon the evil and the good.
- A soothing tongue is a tree of life;
but perverseness therein is a wound to the spirit.
- A fool despiseth his father"s correction;
but he that regardeth reproof is prudent.
- In the house of the righteous is much treasure;
but in the revenues of the wicked is trouble.
- The lips of the wise disperse knowledge;
but the heart of the foolish is not stedfast.
- The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD;
but the prayer of the upright is His delight.
- The way of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD;
but He loveth him that followeth after righteousness.
- There is grievous correction for him that forsaketh the way;
and he that hateth reproof shall die.
- The nether-world and Destruction are before the LORD;
how much more then the hearts of the children of men!
- A scorner loveth not to be reproved;
he will not go unto the wise.
- A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance;
but by sorrow of heart the spirit is broken.
- The heart of him that hath discernment seeketh knowledge;
but the mouth of fools feedeth on folly.
- All the days of the poor are evil;
but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.
- Better is little with the fear of the LORD, than great treasure and turmoil therewith.
- Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.
- A wrathful man stirreth up discord;
but he that is slow to anger appeaseth strife.
- The way of the sluggard is as though hedged by thorns;
but the path of the upright is even.
- A wise son maketh a glad father;
but a foolish man despiseth his mother.
- Folly is joy to him that lacketh understanding;
but a man of discernment walketh straightforwards.
- For want of counsel purposes are frustrated;
but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.
- A man hath joy in the answer of his mouth;
and a word in due season, how good is it!
- The path of life goeth upward for the wise, that he may depart from the nether-world beneath.
- The LORD will pluck up the house of the proud;
but He will establish the border of the widow.
- The thoughts of wickedness are an abomination to the LORD;
but words of pleasantness are pure.
- He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house;
but he that hateth gifts shall live.
- The heart of the righteous studieth to answer;
but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
- The LORD is far from the wicked;
but He heareth the prayer of the righteous.
- The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart;
and a good report maketh the bones fat.
- The ear that hearkeneth to the reproof of life abideth among the wise.
- He that refuseth correction despiseth his own soul;
but he that hearkeneth to reproof getteth understanding.
- The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom;
and before honour goeth humility.