- A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
- The rich and the poor meet together - the LORD is the maker of them all.
- A prudent man seeth the evil, and hideth himself;
but the thoughtless pass on, and are punished.
- The reward of humility is the fear of the LORD, even riches, and honour, and life.
- Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward;
he that keepeth his soul holdeth himself far from them.
- Train up a child in the way he should go, and even when he is old, he will not depart from it.
- The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.
- He that soweth iniquity shall reap vanity;
and the rod of his wrath shall fail.
- He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed;
for he giveth of his bread to the poor.
- Cast out the scorner, and contention will go out;
yea, strife and shame will cease.
- He that loveth pureness of heart, that hath grace in his lips, the king shall be his friend.
- The eyes of the LORD preserve him that hath knowledge, but He overthroweth the words of the faithless man.
- The sluggard saith: "There is a lion without;
I shall be slain in the streets."
- The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein.
- Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child;
but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
- One may oppress the poor, yet will their gain increase;
one may give to the rich, yet will want come.
- Incline thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thy heart unto my knowledge.
- For it is a pleasant thing if thou keep them within thee;
let them be established altogether upon thy lips.
- That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made them known to thee this day, even to thee.
- Have not I written unto thee excellent things of counsels and knowledge;
- That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth, that thou mightest bring back words of truth to them that send thee?
- Rob not the weak, because he is weak, neither crush the poor in the gate;
- For the LORD will plead their cause, and despoil of life those that despoil them.
- Make no friendship with a man that is given to anger;
and with a wrathful man thou shalt not go;
- Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul.
- Be thou not of them that strike hands, or of them that are sureties for debts;
- If thou hast not wherewith to pay, why should he take away thy bed from under thee?
- Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set.
- Seest thou a man diligent in his business?
he shall stand before kings;
he shall not stand before mean men.