- The wicked flee when no man pursueth;
but the righteous are secure as a young lion.
- For the transgression of a land many are the princes thereof;
but by a man of understanding and knowledge established order shall long continue.
- A poor man that oppresseth the weak is like a sweeping rain which leaveth no food.
- They that forsake the law praise the wicked;
but such as keep the law contend with them.
- Evil men understand not justice;
but they that seek the LORD understand all things.
- Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity, than he that is perverse in his ways, though he be rich.
- A wise son observeth the teaching;
but he that is a companion of gluttonous men shameth his father.
- He that augmenteth his substance by interest and increase, gathereth it for him that is gracious to the poor.
- He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination.
- Whoso causeth the upright to go astray in an evil way, he shall fall himself into his own pit;
but the whole-hearted shall inherit good.
- The rich man is wise in his own eyes;
but the poor that hath understanding searcheth him through.
- When the righteous exult, there is great glory;
but when the wicked rise, men must be sought for.
- He that covereth his transgressions shall not prosper;
but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall obtain mercy.
- Happy is the man that feareth alway;
but he that hardeneth his heart shall fall into evil.
- As a roaring lion, and a ravenous bear;
so is a wicked ruler over a poor people.
- The prince that lacketh understanding is also a great oppressor;
but he that hateth covetousness shall prolong his days.
- A man that is laden with the blood of any person shall hasten his steps unto the pit;
none will support him.
- Whoso walketh uprightly shall be saved;
but he that is perverse in his ways shall fall at once.
- He that tilleth his ground shall have plenty of bread;
but he that followeth after vain things shall have poverty enough.
- A faithful man shall abound with blessings;
but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be unpunished.
- To have respect of persons is not good;
for a man will transgress for a piece of bread.
- He that hath an evil eye hasteneth after riches, and knoweth not that want shall come upon him.
- He that rebuketh a man shall in the end find more favour than he that flattereth with the tongue.
- Whoso robbeth his father or his mother, and saith: "It is no transgression", the same is the companion of a destroyer.
- He that is of a greedy spirit stirreth up strife;
but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be abundantly gratified.
- He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool;
but whoso walketh wisely, he shall escape.
- He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack;
but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.
- When the wicked rise, men hide themselves;
but when they perish, the righteous increase.