- He that being often reproved hardeneth his neck shall suddenly be broken, and that without remedy.
- When the righteous are increased, the people rejoice;
but when the wicked beareth rule, the people sigh.
- Whoso loveth wisdom rejoiceth his father;
but he that keepeth company with harlots wasteth his substance.
- The king by justice establisheth the land;
but he that exacteth gifts overthroweth it.
- A man that flattereth his neighbour spreadeth a net for his steps.
- In the transgression of an evil man there is a snare;
but the righteous doth sing and rejoice.
- The righteous taketh knowledge of the cause of the poor;
the wicked understandeth not knowledge.
- Scornful men set a city in a blaze;
but wise men turn away wrath.
- If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he be angry or laugh, there will be no rest.
- The men of blood hate him that is sincere;
and as for the upright, they seek his life.
- A fool spendeth all his spirit;
but a wise man stilleth it within him.
- If a ruler hearkeneth to falsehood, all his servants are wicked.
- The poor man and the oppressor meet together;
the LORD giveth light to the eyes of them both.
- The king that faithfully judgeth the poor, his throne shall be established for ever.
- The rod and reproof give wisdom;
but a child left to himself causeth shame to his mother.
- When the wicked are increased, transgression increaseth;
but the righteous shall gaze upon their fall.
- Correct thy son, and he will give thee rest;
yea, he will give delight unto thy soul.
- Where there is no vision, the people cast off restraint;
but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
- A servant will not be corrected by words;
for though he understand, there will be no response.
- Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words?
there is more hope for a fool than for him.
- He that delicately bringeth up his servant from a child shall have him become master at the last.
- An angry man stirreth up strife, and a wrathful man aboundeth in transgression.
- A man"s pride shall bring him low;
but he that is of a lowly spirit shall attain to honour.
- Whoso is partner with a thief hateth his own soul: he heareth the adjuration and uttereth nothing.
- The fear of man bringeth a snare;
but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be set up on high.
- Many seek the ruler"s favour;
but a man"s judgment cometh from the LORD.
- An unjust man is an abomination to the righteous;
and he that is upright in the way is an abomination to the wicked.