- My son, forget not my teaching;
but let thy heart keep my commandments;
- For length of days, and years of life, and peace, will they add to thee.
- Let not kindness and truth forsake thee;
bind them about thy neck, write them upon the table of thy heart;
- So shalt thou find grace and good favour in the sight of God and man.
- Trust in the LORD with all thy heart, and lean not upon thine own understanding.
- In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct thy paths.
- Be not wise in thine own eyes;
fear the LORD, and depart from evil;
- It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
- Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the first-fruits of all thine increase;
- So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy vats shall overflow with new wine.
- My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD, neither spurn thou His correction;
- For whom the LORD loveth He correcteth, even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
- Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that obtaineth understanding.
- For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.
- She is more precious than rubies;
and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
- Length of days is in her right hand;
in her left hand are riches and honour.
- Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.
- She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her, and happy is every one that holdest her fast.
- The LORD by wisdom founded the earth;
by understanding He established the heavens.
- By His knowledge the depths were broken up, and the skies drop down the dew.
- My son, let not them depart from thine eyes;
keep sound wisdom and discretion;
- So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck.
- Then shalt thou walk in thy way securely, and thou shalt not dash thy foot.
- When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid;
yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.
- Be not afraid of sudden terror, neither of the destruction of the wicked, when it cometh;
- For the LORD will be thy confidence, and will keep thy foot from being caught.
- Withhold not good from him to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thy hand to do it.
- Say not unto thy neighbour: "Go, and come again, and to-morrow I will give";
when thou hast it by thee.
- Devise not evil against thy neighbour, seeing he dwelleth securely by thee.
- Strive not with a man without cause, if he have done thee no harm.
- Envy thou not the man of violence, and choose none of his ways.
- For the perverse is an abomination to the LORD;
but His counsel is with the upright.
- The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked;
but He blesseth the habitation of the righteous.
- If it concerneth the scorners, He scorneth them, but unto the humble He giveth grace.
- The wise shall inherit honour;
but as for the fools, they carry away shame.