- Doth not wisdom call, and understanding put forth her voice?
- In the top of high places by the way, where the paths meet, she standeth;
- Beside the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors, she crieth aloud:
- "Unto you, O men, I call, and my voice is to the sons of men.
- O ye thoughtless, understand prudence, and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.
- Hear, for I will speak excellent things, and the opening of my lips shall be right things.
- For my mouth shall utter truth, and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
- All the words of my mouth are in righteousness, there is nothing perverse or crooked in them.
- They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.
- Receive my instruction, and not silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold.
- For wisdom is better than rubies, and all things desirable are not to be compared unto her.
- I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of devices.
- The fear of the LORD is to hate evil;
pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.
- Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom;
I am understanding, power is mine.
- By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.
- By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.
- I love them that love me, and those that seek me earnestly shall find me.
- Riches and honour are with me;
yea, enduring riches and righteousness.
- My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold;
and my produce than choice silver.
- I walk in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of justice;
- That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance, and that I may fill their treasuries.
- The LORD made me as the beginning of His way, the first of His works of old.
- I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
- When there were no depths, I was brought forth;
when there were no fountains abounding with water.
- Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth;
- While as yet He had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the beginning of the dust of the world.
- When He established the heavens, I was there;
when He set a circle upon the face of the deep,
- When He made firm the skies above, when the fountains of the deep showed their might,
- When He gave to the sea His decree, that the waters should not transgress His commandment, when He appointed the foundations of the earth;
- Then I was by Him, as a nursling;
and I was daily all delight, playing always before Him,
- Playing in His habitable earth, and my delights are with the sons of men.
- Now therefore, ye children, hearken unto me;
for happy are they that keep my ways.
- Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
- Happy is the man that hearkeneth to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
- For whoso findeth me findeth life, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
- But he that misseth me wrongeth his own soul;
all they that hate me love death."