- (102:1) A Prayer of the afflicted, when he fainteth, and poureth out his complaint before the LORD.
(102:2) O LORD, hear my prayer, and let my cry come unto Thee.
- (102:3) Hide not Thy face from me in the day of my distress;
incline Thine ear unto me;
in the day when I call answer me speedily.
- (102:4) For my days are consumed like smoke, and my bones are burned as a hearth.
- (102:5) My heart is smitten like grass, and withered;
for I forget to eat my bread.
- (102:6) By reason of the voice of my sighing my bones cleave to my flesh.
- (102:7) I am like a pelican of the wilderness;
I am become as an owl of the waste places.
- (102:8) I watch, and am become like a sparrow that is alone upon the housetop.
- (102:9) Mine enemies taunt me all the day;
they that are mad against me do curse by me.
- (102:10) For I have eaten ashes like bread, and mingled my drink with weeping,
- (102:11) Because of Thine indignation and Thy wrath;
for Thou hast taken me up, and cast me away.
- (102:12) My days are like a lengthening shadow;
and I am withered like grass.
- (102:13) But Thou, O LORD, sittest enthroned for ever;
and Thy name is unto all generations.
- (102:14) Thou wilt arise, and have compassion upon Zion;
for it is time to be gracious unto her, for the appointed time is come.
- (102:15) For Thy servants take pleasure in her stones, and love her dust.
- (102:16) So the nations will fear the name of the LORD, and all the kings of the earth Thy glory;
- (102:17) When the LORD hath built up Zion, when He hath appeared in His glory;
- (102:18) When He hath regarded the prayer of the destitute, and hath not despised their prayer.
- (102:19) This shall be written for the generation to come;
and a people which shall be created shall praise the LORD.
- (102:20) For He hath looked down from the height of His sanctuary;
from heaven did the LORD behold the earth;
- (102:21) To hear the groaning of the prisoner;
to loose those that are appointed to death;
- (102:22) That men may tell of the name of the LORD in Zion, and His praise in Jerusalem;
- (102:23) When the peoples are gathered together, and the kingdoms, to serve the LORD.
- (102:24) He weakened my strength in the way;
He shortened my days.
- (102:25) I say: "O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days, Thou whose years endure throughout all generations.
- (102:26) Of old Thou didst lay the foundation of the earth;
and the heavens are the work of Thy hands.
- (102:27) They shall perish, but Thou shalt endure;
yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment;
as a vesture shalt Thou change them, and they shall pass away;
- (102:28) But Thou art the selfsame, and Thy years shall have no end.
- (102:29) The children of Thy servants shall dwell securely, and their seed shall be established before Thee."