- Bless the LORD, O my soul.
O LORD my God, Thou art very great;
Thou art clothed with glory and majesty.
- Who coverest Thyself with light as with a garment, who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain;
- Who layest the beams of Thine upper chambers in the waters, who makest the clouds Thy chariot, who walkest upon the wings of the wind;
- Who makest winds Thy messengers, the flaming fire Thy ministers.
- Who didst establish the earth upon its foundations, that it should not be moved for ever and ever;
- Thou didst cover it with the deep as with a vesture;
the waters stood above the mountains.
- At Thy rebuke they fled, at the voice of Thy thunder they hasted away -
- The mountains rose, the valleys sank down - unto the place which Thou hadst founded for them;
- Thou didst set a bound which they should not pass over, that they might not return to cover the earth.
- Who sendest forth springs into the valleys;
they run between the mountains;
- They give drink to every beast of the field, the wild asses quench their thirst.
- Beside them dwell the fowl of the heaven, from among the branches they sing.
- Who waterest the mountains from Thine upper chambers;
the earth is full of the fruit of Thy works.
- Who causeth the grass to spring up for the cattle, and herb for the service of man;
to bring forth bread out of the earth,
- And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, making the face brighter than oil, and bread that stayeth man"s heart.
- The trees of the LORD have their fill, the cedars of Lebanon, which He hath planted;
- Wherein the birds make their nests;
as for the stork, the fir-trees are her house.
- The high mountains are for the wild goats;
the rocks are a refuge for the conies.
- Who appointedst the moon for seasons;
the sun knoweth his going down.
- Thou makest darkness, and it is night, wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep forth.
- The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their food from God.
- The sun ariseth, they slink away, and couch in their dens.
- Man goeth forth unto his work and to his labour until the evening.
- How manifold are Thy works, O LORD!
In wisdom hast Thou made them all;
the earth is full of Thy creatures.
- Yonder sea, great and wide, therein are creeping things innumerable, living creatures, both small and great.
- There go the ships;
there is leviathan, whom Thou hast formed to sport therein.
- All of them wait for Thee, that Thou mayest give them their food in due season.
- Thou givest it unto them, they gather it;
Thou openest Thy hand, they are satisfied with good.
- Thou hidest Thy face, they vanish;
Thou withdrawest their breath, they perish, and return to their dust.
- Thou sendest forth Thy spirit, they are created;
and Thou renewest the face of the earth.
- May the glory of the LORD endure for ever;
let the LORD rejoice in His works!
- Who looketh on the earth, and it trembleth;
He toucheth the mountains, and they smoke.
- I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live;
I will sing praise to my God while I have any being.
- Let my musing be sweet unto Him;
as for me, I will rejoice in the LORD.
- Let sinners cease out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more.
Bless the LORD, O my soul.