- O give thanks unto the LORD, call upon His name;
make known His doings among the peoples.
- Sing unto Him, sing praises unto Him;
speak ye of all His marvellous works.
- Glory ye in His holy name;
let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
- Seek ye the LORD and His strength;
seek His face continually.
- Remember His marvellous works that He hath done, His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth;
- O ye seed of Abraham His servant, ye children of Jacob, His chosen ones.
- He is the LORD our God;
His judgments are in all the earth.
- He hath remembered His covenant for ever, the word which He commanded to a thousand generations;
- The covenant which He made with Abraham, and His oath unto Isaac;
- And He established it unto Jacob for a statute, to Israel for an everlasting covenant;
- Saying: "Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance."
- When they were but a few men in number.
Yea, very few, and sojourners in it,
- And when they went about from nation to nation, from one kingdom to another people,
- He suffered no man to do them wrong, yea, for their sake He reproved kings:
- "Touch not Mine anointed ones, and do My prophets no harm."
- And He called a famine upon the land;
He broke the whole staff of bread.
- He sent a man before them;
Joseph was sold for a servant;
- His feet they hurt with fetters, his person was laid in iron;
- Until the time that his word came to pass, the word of the LORD tested him.
- The king sent and loosed him;
even the ruler of the peoples, and set him free.
- He made him lord of his house, and ruler of all his possessions;
- To bind his princes at his pleasure, and teach his elders wisdom.
- Israel also came into Egypt;
and Jacob sojourned in the land of Ham.
- And He increased His people greatly, and made them too mighty for their adversaries.
- He turned their heart to hate His people, to deal craftily with His servants.
- He sent Moses His servant, and Aaron whom He had chosen.
- They wrought among them His manifold signs, and wonders in the land of Ham.
- He sent darkness, and it was dark;
and they rebelled not against His word.
- He turned their waters into blood, and slew their fish.
- Their land swarmed with frogs, in the chambers of their kings.
- He spoke, and there came swarms of flies, and gnats in all their borders.
- He gave them hail for rain, and flaming fire in their land.
- He smote their vines also and their fig-trees;
and broke the trees of their borders.
- He spoke, and the locust came, and the canker-worm without number,
- And did eat up every herb in their land, and did eat up the fruit of their ground.
- He smote also all the first-born in their land, the first-fruits of all their strength.
- And He brought them forth with silver and gold;
and there was none that stumbled among His tribes.
- Egypt was glad when they departed;
for the fear of them had fallen upon them.
- He spread a cloud for a screen;
and fire to give light in the night.
- They asked, and He brought quails, and gave them in plenty the bread of heaven.
- He opened the rock, and waters gushed out;
they ran, a river in the dry places.
- For He remembered His holy word unto Abraham His servant;
- And He brought forth His people with joy, His chosen ones with singing.
- And He gave them the lands of the nations, and they took the labour of the peoples in possession;
- That they might keep His statutes, and observe His laws.