- (108:1) A Song, a Psalm of David.
(108:2) My heart is steadfast, O God;
I will sing, yea, I will sing praises, even with my glory.
- (108:3) Awake, psaltery and harp;
I will awake the dawn.
- (108:4) I will give thanks unto Thee, O LORD, among the peoples;
and I will sing praises unto Thee among the nations.
- (108:5) For Thy mercy is great above the heavens, and Thy truth reacheth unto the skies.
- (108:6) Be Thou exalted, O God, above the heavens;
and Thy glory be above all the earth.
- (108:7) That Thy beloved may be delivered, save with Thy right hand, and answer me.
- (108:8) God spoke in His holiness, that I would exult;
that I would divide Shechem, and mete out the valley of Succoth.
- (108:9) Gilead is mine, Manasseh is mine;
Ephraim also is the defence of my head;
Judah is my sceptre.
- (108:10) Moab is my washpot;
upon Edom do I cast my shoe;
over Philistia do I cry aloud.
- (108:11) Who will bring me into the fortified city?
Who will lead me unto Edom?
- (108:12) Hast not Thou cast us off, O God?
and Thou goest not forth, O God, with our hosts?
- (108:13) Give us help against the adversary;
for vain is the help of man.
- (108:14) Through God we shall do valiantly;
for He it is that will tread down our adversaries.