- For the Leader.
A Psalm of David.
In the LORD have I taken refuge;
how say ye to my soul: "Flee thou!
to your mountain, ye birds"?
- For, lo, the wicked bend the bow, they have made ready their arrow upon the string, that they may shoot in darkness at the upright in heart.
- When the foundations are destroyed, what hath the righteous wrought?
- The LORD is in His holy temple, the LORD, His throne is in heaven;
His eyes behold, His eyelids try, the children of men.
- The LORD trieth the righteous;
but the wicked and him that loveth violence His soul hateth.
- Upon the wicked He will cause to rain coals;
fire and brimstone and burning wind shall be the portion of their cup.
- For the LORD is righteous, He loveth righteousness;
the upright shall behold His face.