- (12:1) For the Leader;
on the Sheminith.
A Psalm of David.
(12:2) Help, LORD;
for the godly man ceaseth;
for the faithful fail from among the children of men.
- (12:3) They speak falsehood every one with his neighbour;
with flattering lip, and with a double heart, do they speak.
- (12:4) May the LORD cut off all flattering lips, the tongue that speaketh proud things!
- (12:5) Who have said: "Our tongue will we make mighty;
our lips are with us: who is lord over us?"
- (12:6) "For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise", saith the LORD;
"I will set him in safety at whom they puff."
- (12:7) The words of the LORD are pure words, as silver tried in a crucible on the earth, refined seven times.
- (12:8) Thou wilt keep them, O LORD;
Thou wilt preserve us from this generation for ever.
- (12:9) The wicked walk on every side, when vileness is exalted among the sons of men.