- A Song of Ascents.
"Much have they afflicted me from my youth up", let Israel now say;
- "Much have they afflicted me from my youth up;
but they have not prevailed against me.
- The plowers plowed upon my back;
they made long their furrows.
- The LORD is righteous;
He hath cut asunder the cords of the wicked."
- Let them be ashamed and turned backward, all they that hate Zion.
- Let them be as the grass upon the housetops, which withereth afore it springeth up;
- Wherewith the reaper filleth not his hand, nor he that bindeth sheaves his bosom.
- Neither do they that go by say: "The blessing of the LORD be upon you;
we bless you in the name of the LORD."