- (13:1) For the Leader.
A Psalm of David.
(13:2) How long, O LORD, wilt Thou forget me for ever?
How long wilt Thou hide Thy face from me?
- (13:3) How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart by day?
How long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
- (13:4) Behold Thou, and answer me, O LORD my God;
lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
- (13:5) Lest mine enemy say: "I have prevailed against him";
lest mine adversaries rejoice when I am moved.
- (13:6) But as for me, in Thy mercy do I trust;
my heart shall rejoice in Thy salvation.
- (13:6) I will sing unto the LORD, because He hath dealt bountifully with me.