- A Song of Ascents.
Out of the depths have I called Thee, O LORD.
- Lord, hearken unto my voice;
let Thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.
- If Thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?
- For with Thee there is forgiveness, that Thou mayest be feared.
- I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope.
- My soul waiteth for the Lord, more than watchmen for the morning;
yea, more than watchmen for the morning.
- O Israel, hope in the LORD;
for with the LORD there is mercy, and with Him is plenteous redemption.
- And He will redeem Israel from all his iniquities.