- A Song of Ascents.
LORD, remember unto David all his affliction;
- How he swore unto the LORD, and vowed unto the Mighty One of Jacob:
- "Surely I will not come into the tent of my house, nor go up into the bed that is spread for me;
- I will not give sleep to mine eyes, nor slumber to mine eyelids;
- Until I find out a place for the LORD, a dwelling-place for the Mighty One of Jacob."
- Lo, we heard of it as being in Ephrath;
we found it in the field of the wood.
- Let us go into His dwelling-place;
let us worship at His footstool.
- Arise, O LORD, unto Thy resting-place;
Thou, and the ark of Thy strength.
- Let Thy priests be clothed with righteousness;
and let Thy saints shout for joy.
- For Thy servant David"s sake turn not away the face of Thine anointed.
- The LORD swore unto David in truth;
He will not turn back from it: "Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.
- If thy children keep My covenant and My testimony that I shall teach them, their children also for ever shall sit upon thy throne."
- For the LORD hath chosen Zion;
He hath desired it for His habitation:
- "This is My resting-place for ever;
here will I dwell;
for I have desired it.
- I will abundantly bless her provision;
I will give her needy bread in plenty.
- Her priests also will I clothe with salvation;
and her saints shall shout aloud for joy.
- There will I make a horn to shoot up unto David, there have I ordered a lamp for Mine anointed.
- His enemies will I clothe with shame;
but upon himself shall his crown shine."